Friday, May 20, 2011

My training update and some thoughts about the goblet squat

Monday:

4 singles of 360# failed on the 5th rep

Ab wheel rollouts

Tuesday:

370# FAIL. End of squat cycle. New squat cycle will start either Monday or Tuesday

4 ladders of 3 rungs, 60# military press and 50# loaded pullups

T handle swings 30:30 for 12 mins

Deadlift walks, 230#, 35 yards to and back 2 times


Thursday:
4 ladders of 2 rungs, 60# military press and 50# loaded pullups

Deadlift walks, 230#, 35 yards to and back 2 times

T handle swings 30:30 for 6 mins (had 2 cut it short due to rainy weather)

Saxon side bends 30# 2 sets of 4 reps



In the gym today, I taught a few people goblet squats. Here's a video of what it looks like:



I was quite surprised at how easy it was for me to teach it to most people considering how difficult it was for me in the past to teach squatting. Thank you Dan John...again! From the looks on the faces of most of my clients, especially when they are 'down in the hole', it's clear that they have not squatted that deep in a long while. So I have a new weapon in my arsenal...goblet squats

No comments:

Post a Comment